Oh my goodness! This has been crazy two weeks so far. Every season I'm giddy with anticipation of the fashion month as if its Christmas and after the first week I inevitably ask the same question - WHY DO I DO THIS TO MYSELF???!!!!
I dont know if the day will ever come when I will be able to at least enjoy and revel in the misery of being a street style photographer at fashion week without having to switch on and off between my day job, my limping social life and basic chores like doing my laundry... I just want to be happy and tired because I've been standing outside the shows in the cold for 8 hours! :)
As expected London in the middle of February was miserable - no miracles here. Rain, freezing cold, wind, bipolar suffering sunshine - you name it.
I'm not going to dwell on the London Fashion Week because to be honest with you this season in terms of street style it was a bit of a disappointment. Too many predictable outfits straight off the Topshop windows, too many try hards and too many posers - dont know whether it's just me but this season all of these were in even greater abundance than usual.
A few take aways from the LFW2012:
- Top of the chart - the 3 annoying teenagers who.. what's the word to describe a situation when someone constantly stuffs up your photos by being in them?? Boneheading, is that the correct term? Well, these 3 'lovely' individuals managed to make lives of dozens of photographers very difficult both before and after the Mulberry show. They literally clung onto every possible A, B and C grade celebrity and took "selfies"* with them. By the time they were done, the celebrities had no love to give to the photographers and snuck straight into the show. Result - I have about a dozens portraits of Pixie Lott/Olivia Palermo/[insert name] with about 70% of the photo being taken up by silly mugshots complete with braces, acne and oily hair.
- Spotted - Leigh Lezark looking lost... loitering outside the Vivienne Westwood Red Label show for long enough so that the general public started questioning the fact that she had a legit invite... awkward ever so slightly...
- Disappointing - the lack of Pyjama trend and Sporty Neon from the resort collections in the street style.
- Loving - Olivia Palermo's style - everything she wore looked perfect
- Surprising - not enough vintage looks at LFW. I always thought that London fashionistas were the best when it came to doing vintage... Nowhere near enough vintage inspired looks this season.
- Key trend - flower print is the new black
- Trend well done - military jackets